O'Brien has produced a program to provide students with sound knowledge and skills to safely operate an Unattended Boiler. Our courses typically take 1-2 days depending on the client's skill set and requirements. We find a single day course is best suited to technically originated people with a sound understanding of units of pressure, temperature and chemical terminology. The two day course is best suited for individuals with a limited technical knowledge and is intended to give students the ability to safely operate the boiler and meet AS2593-2004 requirements. Training can be provided on site and each student is provided with a set of course notes and a Certificate of Attendance on completion.
The course addresses the following:
- What is steam and how does a boiler operate
- Definition of a trained person and AS2593-2004 requirements
- Boiler operational hazards and recommended PPE
- Essential boiler mounts, fittings and their functions
- Examine site boilers and visually identify control items
- Boiler feed water system, terminology and requirements
- Boiler feed water treatment, chemicals and testing
- Boiler control, combustion, burner management and system interlocks
- Boiler daily and weekly testing and record keeping
- Boiler start up and shut down requirements
- Boiler maintenance, documentation, boiler file and log books
Courses are generally run onsite on demand. Australia wide training is available for this course. Please contact us for further information.